Make your own free website on
Aidan Birth

 Well, after the long wait he is finally here! Aidan arrived on December 12th at 1:11 AM. He weighed a healthy 7 lbs. 7 oz., making me glad he decided to come early! He was 21Ē long. The story is actually rather amusing, so Iíll give a brief retelling.

I had to go to Fayetteville for my normal 37 week appointment. Brent decided to go with me so that he could get the tires checked on the Honda while I was at the Dr. So, we went and when the Dr checked me she found I was already dilated to 3-4 cm. To help things out a bit, she stripped the membranes. I went to call Brent to see how he was doing at Samís and he said he was still waiting and it would be an hour or so. I agreed to wait in the Drís office until he got done. So, I sat down with a book and realized I was having an awful lot of contractions. It seemed like more than normal. I started timing them and found they were regular and 4 minutes apart. This was around 5:30 or so when I realized it. I found the Dr and told her and she told me to go to the hospital instead of going home. Well, on calling Brent, heís STILL not done with the tires. So, I wait another 20 minutes or so at the Dr. until he gets done and gets over there and we head off to L & D.

They check me in, find Iím still at 3-4 but with regular contractions and 60% effaced and decide to keep me there. Around 11:20 or so the Dr. decides to speed thing up a bit because she has surgery in the morning and we donít really want to risk having a resident have to catch the baby instead of her. Not that the job seems too difficult from where Iím sitting! :) So, after breaking the water and giving me a small amount of Pitocin, she goes home for a nap. I tell her it will be a short one and maybe she should just stay here and nap, but she thinks Iím kidding. People really should listen more to moms. Aidan was born less than 2 hours later. It took an hour or so to get to 8 cm. and then about ten more minutes to get complete. The nurse called the Dr. when I was at 8 and she said OK, call back in half an hour and let me know where she is. Ha. I knew it wasnít going to be that long. Ten minutes and I started to need to push and said they better get her here. She arrived barely in time (they had already brought in the back-up Dr. just in case)and Aidan popped into this world on just about 3 pushing contractions. There was no slowing him down at that point! I made it through without any painkillers, which I was very happy about!

He didnít have any difficulties and nursed very well right off the bat. He is a pretty happy baby as long as someone holds him almost all the time. Just like his brother was! He has slept a few hours on his changing table and given me a bit of a break, but not much. Heís not yet a fan of the bassinet, but I have hopes. Heís eating very well, and if he keeps it up like this I figure he will gain weight quite quickly! Alex isnít quite sure what to think of him, and he certainly isnít careful around him! Weíll have to watch those two very closely for some time. Iíll try to keep this updated as much as I can and add pictures in his Photo Album.

[Home] [About Us] [Brent] [Beth] [Alex] [Aidan] [Wish List] [Camp Grace] [Photo Albums] [Links]